Yikes! It certainly has been a while guys! Life has been a bit of a whirlwind of activity of late and I seem to have a hard time keeping up with what day it is let alone anything else. It seems like October is always like that. It arrives in a rush and leaves with a whoosh!
Good Catholic Literature
Ora Et Labora for the Holy Souls – Clan Donaldson – Just a beautiful post by Cari and I loved the last picture on the picnic blanket. This was a perspective kind of post for me. It really made me think!
Easy ways to be a little (more?) crunchy – All for Heaven’s Sake – Amy wrote this post and the title says it all. I even gave it a go this week and I’m trying to be more conscious of food waste!
How to Be My Friend… When You’re Expecting and I’m Not. – Molly Makes Do – This was a powerful post. Read this, please! I think we can all learn from this post.
A Call to End the Mommy Wars – To the Heights – I don’t remember if I posted this one, but it was also a good read! Daniel and I both read it and discussed it at length. In the blogging community, I often witness these Mommy Wars and boy can they get ugly! I really don’t think it’s necessary and I hope more Moms can find peace with their decisions and peace to leave others to their own specific calling.
A couple of other posts I enjoyed: Elise at In Endless Song put up some beautiful Christmas card pictures (baby bump included) and it put a smile on my face clicked over. It’s a new blog I’ve been following and I’m really enjoying it! I know I’m late in posting All Souls Day stuff but these over at Carrots for Michaelmas also looked great and I hope to do them next year!
– Work has been fantastic! I’m learning so much still and getting to know my coworkers. I’m still buying a ton of books too…
– Cooper has been attempting to off himself (dog + halloween candy = up until midnight with an extremely hyper golden retriever who can’t sit still).
– Cooper seems to protest lack of overeating in the house by his forward actions of trashcan grazing. (At least it’s not the drool on the couch anymore…)
– Aela seems to be especially traumatized lately and won’t leave my side… I don’t know what’s gotten into her!
– I got to babysit some really sweet little kids recently and I was thrilled to get a chance to do some personal childcare! It’s been so long since I’ve done any kind of nanny jobs and I often miss the excitement of children. Not to mention that these four kids just melt your heart right out of your chest!
– Daniel has been a better housewife than me lately. Laundry, cooking, cleaning, errands, and all while still diving into school. I don’t know how he does it but I really don’t deserve him.
– My parents came to visit! And then I cried like a baby after they had left. No comment.
– My orchid is still barely alive. I’ve neglected it for two weeks and it has one little bloom left. It’s a miracle plant!
– The apartment smells like garlic because we bought this Italian seasoned bread that looked better than it tasted at the store… Lesson learned.
Becoming a Better Reader
I’m enjoying Pope Francis as one of my recent purchases at work. It’s neat to know more about the man who is the Pope during our current time and I think this book reads really easily! I’ll write a little more later when I’ve gotten a farther into it. I’m only in the first few chapters of the books.
So I apologize for the HORRID selfie shot. This is what happens when the house is a wreck and I don’t have any space to set up the self timer. Ironically, the house would have been clean had I not actually sewn this shirt! Haha. I just did a simple alteration of one of Daniel’s old sweaters because I wanted something to wear at work that wasn’t long sleeve but would keep me a little warmer than a t-shirt. I really love 3/4 sleeve shirts and I wish I had more of them. This alteration went well, and if I get the material for another one, I think I’ll dive right in!
Well, that wraps up this Chapter in a Life and hopefully you’ll see another regular post before you find another Chapter post. But you know me…Thanks for following me through all of that and I’m glad you’re here!
Remember you can find me on Pinterest to see what our hobbies are currently. Feel free to shoot me an email at email@example.com too as I would love to hear your thoughts and get to know you!
Peace be with you!