I told you all in my last post that I could not post a picture with more of my embroidery because then I would have no motivation to finish preparing it for being hung. I finally finished it!
I used this tutorial to finish the backing but changed it up quite a bit. Why? Because I ran out of fabric for the back in both the outer rim of my embroidered fabric and the patterned fabric for the yo-yo. I would have loved for it to turn out more like Mollie’s tutorial and I’ve definitely got a better idea for next time (especially to save excess fabric around the edges of the hoop for using this technique).
I still need to use a damp cloth and wipe away the Be-Gone pen pattern which you can see underneath the stitching. But all in all, I’m very happy with the way it turned out! The date is of my best friend’s wedding and she had succulents for all of the centerpieces and bouquets! It was beautiful, and I am hoping to give this to her since she is about to move into a new place. You know, sort of as a housewarming and a memorable keepsake all in one! I hope she likes it.
I had fun doing this stitchalong and it made me feel less lazy whilst watching BBC’s production of Merlin, episode after episode on Netflix in the evenings.